Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. Mine was quiet. My kids were with my ex at his family’s Thanksgiving and I’m glad. I want them to feel connected to their relatives and know they are part of an extended family.

It was strange hearing that it was warmer in New York City than here in Texas but that’s the kind of odd weather it’s been this year.

I found myself thinking how grateful I am for all the good things in my life. I found myself thinking how even on our worst days, most of us able to be online have it better than most people throughout most of history.

I found myself thinking how grateful I am that I will never again be as hungry as I was as a child when it was only on holidays such as Thanksgiving that I was allowed to eat until I was full.

I found myself thinking how grateful I am for friends and for the internet that allows me to stay in touch with friends even though I may live far away from them.

I hope each of you had a good Thanksgiving and that despite whatever challenges you may have in your life, you also had things to be grateful for.

If you're interested, there's a "Gratitude Project" going on at: 21 Days of Gratitude