Monday, December 31, 2007

The Week Between Christmas and New Year's Day

I love this time of year. It’s a space of quiet between the hubbub of shopping and baking and decorating of the Christmas Season and the start of the New Year. It’s a time to remember all the wonderful things from the past year and to plan for what I would love to have come into my life in the next year. In short, the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day is a time of calm and reflection and planning for me.

Tonight I’ll go to a Burning Bowl ceremony where we release that which no longer serves us in our lives. Tomorrow I’ll begin polishing up the lessons for my online writing workshop.

I hope that for each of you, looking back at this past year, there were moments that make you smile. I hope that as you look ahead, you see exciting and wonderful new possibilities and you can’t wait for the New Year to begin!

Know that each of you who reads this blog is a blessing in my life.