Saturday, September 01, 2007

Change

I love that having my daughter in Austin means that I’m changing my routines. I’m doing some things I haven’t done before. I’m creating a new relationship with my daughter since we’ve never lived in the same city before and not been in the same house. I’m looking at what other changes I might want to make.

In a way, though on a much smaller scale, of course, it reminds me of when I drove across country not knowing where I would end up. Change brings new possibilities and that’s exciting.

It’s probably not a coincidence then that I find myself pulling out the idea again of writing about a woman and a pink refrigerator. Only I’m going to approach it in a new way. It may not amount to anything but that’s the great thing about Book in a Week. I’ll take a week (maybe two) and write as much as I can as fast as I can and see where it goes. Maybe now I’m ready to write my story about a woman’s emotional as well as physical journey.

Here’s hoping that each of you has something new and wonderful come into your life this week!