Saturday, July 04, 2009

July 4th

I try to practice gratitude every day. Today at the top of my list are the men and women who have sacrificed so that we can have and keep the freedom we enjoy in the United States.

I'm grateful this nation was founded on the concept of liberty and justice and the pursuit of happiness.

I'm grateful that we are able, in this country, to disagree with each other without having to go to jail for that privilege and that changes of power can happen without requiring revolutions.

I'm grateful that our country has been able to evolve since it was founded and that we keep getting closer to the ideal that all men (and women) are created equal.

I'm grateful that we are a country where we can disagree with each other and still come together in times of crisis to help each other out.

I'm grateful we are a nation of possibilities.